Application Consulting Services
If you are using a Software Toolbox product and require technical consulting or assistance that is beyond the scope of complimentary product support, we offer application support services to help you. This includes addressing specific HMI interfacing issues, review of user/custom Visual Basic code, application design input and consulting, and other application specific assistance.
Consulting time is offered in 1 hour increments with a minimum of 3 hours purchased at a time. The rates below are for phone/email consultation and for items that we can work on in our offices. Please contact us for a quote if you have on-site consulting requirements. Time may be purchased online with a major credit card by following the links below.
Senior Consultants - have experience in a variety of disciplines including PLCs, multiple programming languages, complex system interaction considerations, etc.
Consulting time does not include writing customer’s applications for them or systems integration - we typically refer out systems integration work to qualified full service systems integrators.
If you have a development need you’d like to discuss with us, please call us at 704-849-2773 or send us an email describing your needs. When you contact us it will help us to rapidly respond to your needs if you can tell us the following things regarding the type of driver you’re looking to have developed:
- Specific hardware brands and models - the more specific you can be the better
- Communication connection type - serial, ethernet, or proprietary.
- Would test hardware be available to us ?
- Is the communications protocol documented and do you have access to it ?
- Operating systems the driver needs to work on - we specialize in Win32 platforms - Windows 95/98/NT/2000 and Windows CE
- What type of software you plan to use the driver with - i.e. VB, VC++, Intellution, Wonderware, others, etc.
- How many machines you might need to install the software on - i.e how many licenses might you need ?
Software Toolbox is not, we repeat, not a Systems Integrator. When you need someone to do systems integration, we can refer you to experienced integrators in your area who can assist you.
Software Toolbox is an associate member of the Control Systems Integrators Association (CSIA) and will often refer you to a member of the CSIA first wherever possible to assure you of the highest standards of engineering quality and ethics. We suggest you click on the CSIA logo at the right and visit their website as a first place to find a qualified integrator. If you are an integrator and are not a member of the CSIA, we strongly suggest you consider the benefits of membership in the CSIA as outlined on their website.