Typical User Licensing
Industrial Gadgets .NET is licensed on a development system/computer basis. This means that you need a license of the .NET component for each development computer on which
you intend to install the product. For example, you will need a license on each computer in which you use Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010 to develop, but not a license for any machine on which you wish to
install your compiled EXE.
If you are a systems integrator
writing custom applications for your customers, and your customer only receives the compiled application, then you do NOT need any additional licenses. If you give your customer the source code so they can edit the application, then your customer will need a license also for their development system.
If you are a machinery builder
building an machine User interface application for your machine and you only distribute the compiled application with your machine, then you do NOT need any additional licenses.
If you are an end user writing an application that you plan to distribute in compiled form throughout your plant or plants, then you do NOT need any additional licenses.
In short, if you have Visual Studio .NET on the machine and the source code to the application that uses Industrial Gadgets.NET is present, then you'll need a license of Industrial
Questions? Please contact us and we'll review your use case and provide any clarification needed.
To purchase a Industrial Gadgets .NET license, please see our ordering page.
Volume, OEM, or Site Licensing
If you are a developer of or are creating a configurable HMI package and would like to be able to distribute the control in development mode with your package or need a site license for
a very large number of users, we can arrange for attractive OEM licensing of the product for distribution with your product. Please contact us at 704-849-2773 or by email to discuss your requirements.
End User License Agreement for Retail Version of Industrial Gadgets .NET
The following license agreement applies to the use of the Industrial Gadgets .NET Components. If you are considering a usage that would require an OEM license as outlined in the
agreement below, please contact us and we will work with you to reach a fair agreement on OEM licensing of this product. If you will be distributing the control with your application, please read
sections 3, 4, and 5 carefully.
INDUSTRIAL GADGETS .NET COMPONENTS LICENSE AGREEMENT
By opening this package or clicking the OK button, you indicate that you have read this agreement and accept its terms and conditions. This is a legal agreement between you (the
end user) and Software Toolbox (Matthews, NC). If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, promptly return the disk package and accompanying items (including written materials) to the place where
you obtained them for a full refund.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. The software programs and other materials in this package are provided to you under the terms of this license agreement and are not sold to you. You own
the media on which the software is recorded, but Software Toolbox retains copyright, title, and ownership of the software itself.
2. EVALUATION SOFTWARE. If the enclosed software is marked as "Demo" or "Evaluation", then this software and the images therein shall be used for evaluation
purposes only and shall be subject to all other restrictions in this agreement. Under the terms of this agreement, software used for demo or evaluation purposes shall NOT have the right to distribute the
.NET control at runtime that are granted under the "RUNTIME CONTROLS" section of this agreement.
3. COPY RESTRICTIONS. The development license file may be installed on a maximum of one computer at any given time. You may, however, make one (1) backup copy for archival purposes.
4. RUNTIME CONTROLS. The Industrial Gadgets.NET runtime controls IndustrialGadgetsDotNet1.dll, IndustrialGadgetsDotNet2.dll, SWTB.NetToolkitExten.dll, and NZibLib.dll) may be
installed on any number of computers with your compiled custom application subject to the restrictions in this agreement.
5. OTHER RESTRICTED USES. You may not wrap the Industrial Gadgets .NET assembly binaries IndustrialGadgetsDotNet1.dll, IndustrialGadgetsDotNet2.dll, SWTB.NetToolkitExten.dll, or
NZibLib.dll) in your own binary control and resell it or otherwise wrap it to avoid the single machine development license restrictions or OEM licensing restrictions for mass distribution of the software in
development mode. OEM licensing is available for companies wishing to bundle Industrial Gadgets.NET with every copy of their development application (i.e. HMIs supporting .NET components and having a
development and runtime mode). You may not extract or otherwise copy images from the Industrial Gadgets.NET components at runtime for the purposes of repackaging them or otherwise displaying them for your
applications end user in a way such that they would be able to use the images to develop application screens freely in your application or any other application without a proper OEM license for this
product. Applications that allow the user to freely choose from all or any subset of the symbols found in this product, place or lay them out on a computer screen in a form of the users choosing, and save
said changes for subsequent reuse shall be deemed to be using the product in "Development Mode" and shall require a special OEM license for said usage. OEM licensing is available at attractive
and affordable pricing levels. Simply contact Software Toolbox to discuss your requirements.
6. NO OTHER RIGHTS. Except as stated above, this agreement does not grant you any rights to patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trade names, trademarks, or any rights, franchises
of license with respect to the enclosed software and documentation. You may not modify, translate, disassemble, reverse engineer, or decompile the software, in whole or in part. Software Toolbox
reserves all rights not explicitly granted in this license agreement.
7. UPDATE POLICY. Software Toolbox may create, from time to time, updated versions of the software. However, Software Toolbox is under no obligation to provide updates free of charge.
8. SUPERCEDES PREVIOUS AGREEMENTS. If you are installing the software to upgrade an older version of the software, this license agreement SUPERCEDES any previous license agreements
that may have been in effect when you purchased the license of your older version of the software. If you do NOT agree with the terms of this current agreement you should NOT install this software and
contact us immediately.
9. COPYRIGHT. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text and
"applets," incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, are owned by TOOLBOX or its suppliers. You may not copy the printed
materials accompanying the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. All rights not specifically granted under this AGREEMENT are reserved by TOOLBOX.
10. DUAL-MEDIA SOFTWARE. You may receive the SOFTWARE PRODUCT in more than one medium. Regardless of the type or size of medium you receive, you may use only one medium that is
appropriate for the COMPUTER. You may not use or install the other medium on another computer. You may not loan, rent, lease, or otherwise transfer the other medium to another user, except as part of the
permanent transfer (as provided above) of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
11. LIMITED WARRANTY The sole warranty regarding the Software and related materials is that the original disk is free from physical defects in material and workmanship. Your sole and
exclusive remedy for any breach of representation or warranty is that Licensor, at its option, either (a) will refund your payment for the Software upon your return of the Software and related materials, with a
copy of your receipt, or (b) will replace it on an exchange basis without charge (except as provided above).
EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY OF THE ORIGINAL DISKS SET FORTH ABOVE, THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS," AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LICENSOR
DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, REGARDING THE SOFTWARE, DISK, AND RELATED MATERIALS, INCLUDING THEIR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THEIR QUALITY, THEIR
MERCHANTABILITY, OR THEIR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE LIABILITY OF LICENSOR UNDER THE WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION
OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THAT EVENT, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO 90 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OF THE SOFTWARE. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU
SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
12. CERTAIN LIMITATIONS Licensor has no control over your use of the Software. Licensor does not and cannot warrant the performance or results that may be obtained by its use.
Licensor does not represent, warrant, or guarantee the accuracy and timeliness of the data contained in the Software and Licensor shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever to you, or to any other party, on
account of any inaccuracies in or untimeliness of the data, or for any delay in reporting such data contained in the Software. Various information in the Software constantly changes, and the information in the
Software is only as of a particular date. Licensor does not warrant that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error free. Licensor is not responsible for problems caused by accident, abuse,
mishandling, alteration, or improper use. Licensor does not warrant or guarantee the suitability of the Software or that it will meet your requirements.
13. LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LICENSOR AND ITS SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF LICENSOR OR
ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. LICENSOR'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ACTUAL
DAMAGES FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THIS PRODUCT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE
ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT and documentation are provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to
restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer
Software—Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable.
15. Severability. Each section and subsection of this Agreement shall be considered severable, and if any provision of this Agreement shall be held illegal, invalid, or
otherwise unenforceable under controlling law, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby but shall continue in effect.
16. Miscellaneous. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina, United States of America.