Why use SLIK-DA for OPC UA
If you already own SLIK-DA Version 4 you are on the fast track to adding OPC UA to your existing OPC DA Server. What are the advantages of using the SLIK-DA with UA for developing your OPC UA Server?
- No need to learn the over 500 page OPC UA specifications.
- You can add OPC UA to your existing OPC DA Server without writing a single line of code.
- Adding OPC UA can be done in as little as 10 minutes.
- This can save you weeks if not months of development time.
You also get:
• Support for the latest operating systems.
• Support for the latest development environment.
• For a full list of supported operating systems and development environments see the SLIK-DA Specifications.
Please Note : Enabling OPC UA in your SLIK-DA applications requires a specific license. If you own an existing DA license and would like to upgrade, please contact us.
How to add OPC UA to your SLIK-DA Application
There are only three steps that need to be completed to add the UA interface to your existing SLIK-DA server.
- Replace the SLIK-DA4 control with the SLIK-DA5 control.
- Before deleting the old SLIK-DA4 control you must take note of the following properties: AppID, CLSID, AppName, Description, ProgID and VendorName.
- Remove the old SLIK-DA4 control from the form and delete the old reference to Interop.NDISLIKDA.
- Shut down Visual Studio and re-open your Project.
- Add the new SLIK-DA5 control to the form and re-assign the following properties: AppID, CLSID, AppName, Description, ProgID and VendorName.
2. Add a UA configuration .xml file to the executable directory.
- Copy SLIKDAUAConfig.xml to the directory where your OPC Server executable resides. By default, this file will be located in C:\Program Files\Software Toolbox\SLIK-DA5\Redistributables.
3. Create a file structure to handle the UA security certificates.
- The installation of SLIK-DA5 includes a batch file (Add_PKI_dir_stucture.bat) that can be run to automatically create this file structure for you. This batch file is located at C:\Program Files\Software Toolbox\SLIK-DA5\Redistributables. To use the batch file, copy it to the directory where the server executable resides and then double-click on the file to run it.
Testing the connection with an OPC UA Client
- The default End Point for your OPC UA Server is “opc.tcp://[NodeName]:59595”, where NodeName represents the PC where the OPC Server is running. If the OPC Client and Server are on the same machine then you can replace [NodeName] with localhost.
- If you do not have an OPC UA Client to test with we have listed some below.