Cogent DataHub® – Data Alarm Notifications via Email/SMS
The OPC DataHub is a great addition to the TOP Server or any OPC Server, because of all the additional features it can add to your system, providing you with the flexibility and power you need to achieve your results
OPC to Email and SMS Text Messages
The Cogent DataHub® can be configured to send email and SMS text messages whenever an alarm condition or specified timer event occurs. The messages are completely customizable and can include embedded values for any point in the DataHub, including data from your OPC servers, ODBC databases or Excel spreadsheets. You can easily create simple plain text messages or design more elaborate emails with full HTML formatting.
Why use OPC to Email?
- Send SMS text messages to cell phones when an alarm event is triggered.
- Design end-of-day reports that are delivered to managers' email accounts each morning.
- Provide managers with regular email updates of production targets.
- Emails can contain data from OPC servers, ODBC databases and other sources.
- Eliminate the errors and delays associated with writing production reports by hand.
- Have the DataHub collect vital report information, format it as an Excel spreadsheet and then email the file to key people for review.
Click to watch a video of how you configure the Email/SMS feature
Click to view a recorded webinar showing how to use this function
Click to download a sample configuration and instructions on using it
Click to read more about OPC to Email/SMS