Benefits of Web-based HMI development
• Web-based HMI with unlimited users & tags for around $3,000.
• Edit screens from anywhere. Just open your web browser, type the address of your DataHub web server, login to the system and based on your access permissions, you can build, edit and view WebView screens from anywhere with network/Internet access.
• No coding required. Build all your screens using the powerful built-in graphical environment. Complete point and click freedom, with no code in sight.
• No development system required. You do not need to install a development system on your computer in order to build WebView screens. The development interface is provided to you, in your browser, by the web server. No compiler necessary.
• No deployment required. Because the screens you build in WebView are saved on the web server, you never have to deploy your changes to other users. When you are editing a page and you want to show your colleagues, you simply save your changes, and tell your team to reload the page in their browser. No deployment, no complicated file updates.
• Collaborate on development. You can have a team of developers building pages at the same time. Each licensed WebView Client can have development rights if you want. Depending on the permissions you give to your team members you can have them edit everyone’s pages, or restrict access so they can only edit the pages they build.
• Build entire multi-page HMI applications with hyperlinks between pages, just like a web site or standard HMI system.
• Security at every level. The permissions based security model allows you to define very precise privileges to each user. You can define certain users to have read only access, while others can view and make changes but not access the develoment interface. In WebView, the security model was one of the fundamental primary requirements, not an afterthought.
• WebView's powerful property binding feature allows for you to specify sophisticated graphical interactions between controls. Property binding allows you to associate the input values for one control, with the properties of other controls. It sounds complicated, but it really isn't. All you need to know is, it saves you time and adds significant power to your WebView screen.
• DataHub WebView is based on Microsoft Silverlight, which means it is a leading web technology that is widely supported by all the popular browsers. Silverlight allows us to produce browser based applications that are every bit as feature rich and powerful as desktop based applications and they leverage the new opportunities offered by remote development and web based presentations.
• DataHub WebView has a standard set of built-in controls, such as trends, gauges and sliders. In addition, WebView also ships with a complete set of Symbol Factory™ symbols, which offer thousands of industry standard symbols for a variety of industries. DataHub WebView is able to provide these and other future third party symbols.
Symbol Factory™ is a trademark of Reichard Software Corporation. Symbol Factory graphics are included with DataHub Webview under license from Software Toolbox and Reichard Software Corporation.
© Copyright Software Toolbox, Inc. 1996-2020, All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Usage subject to our website terms & conditions
Software Toolbox Inc. is the Master Distributor for North America for the Cogent DataHub product.
Cogent DataHub, OPC DataHub, Cascade DataHub, DataHub WebView, Gamma are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Cogent Real-Time Systems., in Canada, the United States and/or other countries.