Welcome to the IntraVUE product tour. In this set of web pages, we'll take you through
the major parts of and features of the IntraVUE software product. Our objective here is to provide you with a view of all the things IntraVUE can do. You can jump straight to any
part of the tour using the links at the right.
We'll start with an overview of the parts of IntraVIEW. Whether you install IntraVIEW in
its standalone version on a laptop or on a server for your entire organization to view it, there are some key parts to the product.
The requirements to run IntraVUE are simple:
- PC or laptop with PIII/633 class CPU or better
- Windows 2000, XP, or 2003
- 10/100base-T Ethernet card
- Access to your network
- Suggested memory is 512 mb
- Disk space starts at 150 mb for software and documentation. Additional space required for your data, depending on how much you store.
The key parts to IntraVUE are:
- IntraVUE Scanner - this part of the software watches your network and keeps your database of network status current.
The scanner handles doing ping and ARP requests on the network.
- IntraVUE Database - this is where IntraVUE stores configuration, device event logs, network event logs, and status
- IntraVUE User Interface Server - connects to the scanner and database and provides the IntraVUE user interface to your web browser
- Web Browser - whether running standalone or networked, your user interface to IntraVUE is your Internet Explorer Version 5.0 or higher.
Example installation diagrams: IntraVUE may be installed on a standalone laptop for use as a Portable Test Tool, or on a
server on your network for constant monitoring and access from any browser on your network.
IntraVUE Server Based
Next we'll explore the IntraVUE main user interface and the types of views that are possible.