If you already own SLIK-DA Version 4 you are on the fast track to adding OPC UA to your existing OPC DA Server. What are the advantages of using the SLIK-DA with UA for developing your OPC UA Server?
No need to learn the over 500 page OPC UA specifications.
You can add OPC UA to your existing OPC DA Server without writing a single line of code.
Adding OPC UA can be done in as little as 10 minutes.
This can save you weeks if not months of development time.
You also get:
• Support for the latest operating systems.
• Support for the latest development environment.
• For a full list of supported operating systems and development environments see the SLIK-DA Specifications.
Please Note : Enabling OPC UA in your SLIK-DA applications requires a specific license. If you own an existing DA license and would like to upgrade, please contact us.
How to add OPC UA to your SLIK-DA Application
There are only three steps that need to be completed to add the UA interface to your existing SLIK-DA server.
Replace the SLIK-DA4 control with the SLIK-DA5 control.
• Before deleting the old SLIK-DA4 control you must take note of the following properties: AppID, CLSID, AppName, Description, ProgID and VendorName.
• Remove the old SLIK-DA4 control from the form and delete the old reference to Interop.NDISLIKDA.
• Shut down Visual Studio and re-open your Project.
• Add the new SLIK-DA5 control to the form and re-assign the following properties: AppID, CLSID, AppName, Description, ProgID and VendorName.
2. Add a UA configuration .xml file to the executable directory.
• Copy SLIKDAUAConfig.xml to the directory where your OPC Server executable resides. By default, this file will be located in C:\Program Files\Software Toolbox\SLIK-DA5\Redistributables.
3. Create a file structure to handle the UA security certificates.
• The installation of SLIK-DA5 includes a batch file (Add_PKI_dir_stucture.bat) that can be run to automatically create this file structure for you. This batch file is located at C:\Program Files\Software Toolbox\SLIK-DA5\Redistributables. To use the batch file, copy it to the directory where the server executable resides and then double-click on the file to run it.
Testing the connection with an OPC UA Client
The default End Point for your OPC UA Server is “opc.tcp://[NodeName]:59595”, where NodeName represents the PC where the OPC Server is running. If the OPC Client and Server are on the same machine then you can replace [NodeName] with localhost.
If you do not have an OPC UA Client to test with we have listed some below.