This agreement covers the following editions:
- OmniServer Server Edition, Current Version.
- OmniServer Professional Edition, Current Version.
- OmniWedge, Current Version.
The OmniServer Support/Maintenance Agreement is offered as a yearly subscription based package to customers purchasing any of the OmniServer Editions, either directly from Software Toolbox or one of their resellers.
The OmniServer Support/Maintenance Agreement provides the customer with the following:
- Free upgrades to new versions of the software within the term of the agreement.
- Free technical support by email, phone or fax during normal Software Toolbox business hours. "Technical Support" for OmniServer contains the following:
- Evaluation of manufacturer protocol documents for suitability in OmniServer.
- Licensing, installation, and configuration questions.
- Guidance in troubleshooting protocols, device, topic, and client configurations. This covers showing you how to use the tools, not in actually determining what needs to be changed.
- "How To" help on OmniServer usage.
Re-registration of software due to hardware failure or re-installation.
- Up to 4 hours of phone support per month and unlimited email support. Additional engineering services are quoted based on our current professional services rates.
- Agreement holders are expected to upgrade to new version to continue support. Installations under regulatory constraints making upgrading an issue should contact us to make arrangements to continue support of older versions of the software.
- Normally our goal is to respond to client inquiries within 2 business hours of contact during Software Toolbox normal business hours.
The OmniServer Support/Maintenance Agreement will NOT cover the following items:
- Development of custom OmniServer Protocols.*
- Troubleshooting of OmniServer protocols.*
- Consulting services for system design and project planning.*
- On-site technical support.*
NOTE (*): Development, troubleshooting, consulting and on-site technical services require paid service work. For more information, please contact us.
The OmniServer Support/Maintenance Agreement will be charged as a yearly fee. For pricing information, please see our Ordering page.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- OmniServer Support/Maintenance Agreements are based upon a single OmniServer license. Purchases of additional licenses will not be covered under previous agreements. You will need to purchase OmniServer Support/Maintenance Agreements for each license purchased.
- The renewal date for the OmniServer Support/Maintenance Agreement will be the anniversary date of the purchased agreement. Maintenance agreements not purchased at the time of the purchase of the software license will only be valid till the anniversary date of the original software license purchase. Contact us about pro-rating support on multiple licenses to keep the same anniversary date for licenses purchased at different dates.